Gujarat Two Wheeler Scheme 2021 launch to provide Electric e-Vehicle Subsidy on Purchase of e-Scooters, e-Bikes, e-Rickshaws. Gujarat 2 Wheeler Scheme was announced by the state government on 17 September 2020. In this 2 Wheeler Scheme, the Gujarat govt. will provide Subsidies on the purchase of electric scooters to encourage the use of e vehicles to prevent air pollution. In addition to this, Chief Minister Vijay Rupani has also announced to start Three Wheeler Scheme 2021. In 3 Wheeler Scheme, govt. will provide subsidy on purchase of electric rickshaws.
The announcement to start Gujarat Two / Three Wheeler Scheme was made during a virtual program on climate change to commemorate the founding day of the state climate change department. CM has also announced the subsidy as a “Panchsheel gift” of five development schemes in Gujarat to celebrate the 70th birthday of Prime Minister Narendra Modi. In this article, we will tell you about the complete details of the Gujarat 2 / 3 Wheeler Subsidy Scheme.
Gujarat Two Wheeler Scheme 2021 – Subsidy on Electric e-Vehicles
The important features of the Gujarat Two Wheeler Scheme 2021 are as follows:-
- The state govt. will provide a subsidy of Rs. 12,000 to each student to buy electric scooters.
- Assistance would be given to students studying from class 9 to college in Gujarat Two Wheeler Scheme.
- The subsidy amount is only for the purchase of battery-powered e Scooters.
- Around 10,000 such electric vehicles would be provided under the 2 Wheeler Scheme.
Gujarat Three Wheeler Scheme 2021 – Subsidy on e Rickshaws
The important features of the Gujarat Three Wheeler Scheme 2021 are as follows:-
- The state govt. will provide a subsidy of Rs. 48,000 to each candidate to buy electric rickshaws.
- Assistance would be given to individual and institutional beneficiaries in Gujarat Three Wheeler Scheme.
- The subsidy amount is only for the purchase of battery-powered e Rickshaws.
- Around 5,000 such electric vehicles would be provided under the 3 Wheeler Scheme.
Subsidy Scheme to Setup Infrastructure Facilities to Charge Battery-Powered Vehicles
Both the Gujarat Two Wheeler and Three Wheeler Schemes will be taken forward as per the response of the applicants. The state govt. of Gujarat will also start a subsidy scheme of Rs. 5 lakh to set up infrastructure facilities in the state for charging the battery-powered vehicles. The total installed capacity of electricity in the state is 35,500 MW. The contribution of renewable energy to the total installed capacity of Gujarat is 30% which is more than the national average of 23%.
The Climate Change department has also signed a virtual MoU with 10 organizations. These MoU will work on mitigating the effects of climate change and increasing the use of renewable energy via the usage of space technology and geo-informatics.
Climate Change Risk Assessment of Mitigation MoU
Climate Change Risk Assessment of Mitigation MoU was signed with the Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad (IIM-A) for climate finance and climate policy matters. This MoU is also signed with the Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar (IITGn) on capacity building, research, and enhancing the public utility of scientific information in the field of climate change and the environment.
An MoU was also signed with the Gujarat State Road Transport Corporation and Gujarat Gas. This MoU was signed to increase the usage of clean fuels like CNG in-vehicle transactions and to formulate building codes on energy saving in houses with the chief town planner.